Lara completed her MA in Screenwriting at London College of Communication, UAL with distinction in 2016. She has an undergraduate degree in History and Literature from the University of Edinburgh and is passionate about, and often inspired by, historical subjects.
Most recently Lara has been selected for the Canneseries Institute Residency in 2020 a 5-week programme where she will develop an original TV series alongside the Canal+ Creative Ecosystem. She has also been in the writer’s room for Alien8ed, led by Simon Ashford, produced by Phillippa Giles at Bandit TV with funding from the BFI.
Her original TV pilot The Pirate Wife set in the 1800’s South China Seas was a Final Draft Big Break Top 10 Finalist 2019, and made the Top 21 long list for the C21 Drama Series Competition 2019. She is currently developing her original historical TV pilot Keeper of the Pleas, set in 12th Century York, with Juliet Parker.
Lara is currently Graduate Artist in Residence at LCC, where she is exploring storytelling for Extended Reality (XR). She is also an LCC 2020 mentor.
Lara is represented by Emily Smith at The Agency
- Alien8ed Writer’s Room, Bandit TV & Simon Ashford.
- Keeper of the Pleas, optioned by Juliet Parker/ Executive Produced by Sprout Pictures December 2017 – Present.
- “A (Hi)story of Baku” – 45 minute historical drama & immersive experience, March – June 2018, Alfa Vision
XR & Video Games
- Writer/Producer VR “Fractus,” April 2019 – Present, LCC Residency
- Contributor Playing for the Planet, March 2019, UNEP.
- Freelance writer VR “Buxton,” January – March 2019, Alfa Vision
- Freelance writer VR “Baku,” August – October 2018, Alfa Vision
- Freelance Writer Videogame: “Rosvita,” June 2015 – June 2016, Lodestar Games
- Freelance Writer Videogame: “Donuts,” April-May 2016, N3twork Inc
- Short play “No Sense of an Ending,” performed at The Old Red Lion, Roar Creative, 2019
- Short play “Tampon Terror” selected for Theatre503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- Short play “Tastes Like Kebab” selected for Shoreditch Short Stories Festival, 2017
- Short play “A Lion’s Life” performed at Gerry’s Theatre Royal Stratford East “Write to Right,” 2017
- Short play “Soundtrack Your Life” selected for Theatre503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- Short play “The Fear Collector,” performed at the E & C Writers Scratch night, 2017
- Short play “Bows and Arrows” selected for the Blackshaw New Writing Night, 2016
- Extract of feature play “Wren” selected at performed by Tigz Theatre Scratch night, 2016.
- Shortlisted through the Hightide New Writing Workshop, January 2015
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for the Canneseries Institute Residency, March 27th – May 1st 2020
- Top 10 Finalist, original TV Pilot “The Pirate Wife,” Final Draft Big Break, 2019
- Top 21 scripts, original TV pilot “The Pirate Wife,” C21 Drama Series Competition, 2019
- Artist in Residence, London College of Communication, UAL 2019 – 2020.
- Quarter Finalist, “The Book of Watchers,” WeScreenplay TV Pilot Competition, 2018
- Original TV pilot “The Book of Watchers” in the top 100 scripts for C21 Drama Series Competition 2017
- Quarter Finalist, for original TV Pilot “Keeper of the Pleas,” Screen Craft Fellowship, 2016
- Quarter Finalist, International Page Awards for short film script “Crushed”, 2015
- Part of the Indie team for “Rosvita”selected for debut accelerator programme Stugan 2015
- Royal Television Society Nominated for short film “Ten Years On”, 2015 (Script editor/Producer)