Lara completed her MA in Screenwriting at London College of Communication, UAL with distinction in 2016.
Her short film script Crushed was a quarter-finalist in the 2015 International Page Awards. Her historical TV series Keeper of the Pleas has been listed as a Quarter Finalist for the 2016 Annual Screencraft Screenwriting Fellowship and has been optioned by Sprout Pictures.
She is currently working on a VR experience that will take users back in time to explore the Silk Road as merchants in the 15th Century.
Lara is represented by Emily Smith at The Agency
- “A (Hi)story of Baku” – 45 minute historical drama & immersive experience, March – June 2018, Alfa Vision
VR & Video Games
- Freelance writer (VR Experience “Baku,” August – Present 2018, Alfa Vision)
- Freelance Writer (Videogame: “Rosvita,” June 2015 – June 2016, Lodestone Games)
- Freelance Writer (Videogame: “Donuts,” April-May 2016, N3twork Inc)
- Short play “Tampon Terror” selected for Theatre503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- Short play “Tastes Like Kebab” selected for Shoreditch Short Stories Festival, 2017
- Short play “A Lion’s Life” performed at Gerry’s Theatre Royal Stratford East “Write to Right,” 2017
- Short play “Soundtrack Your Life” selected for Theatre503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- Short play “The Fear Collector,” performed at the E & C Writers Scratch night, 2017
- Short play “Bows and Arrows” selected for the Blackshaw New Writing Night, 2016
- Extract of feature play “Wren” selected at performed by Tigz Theatre Scratch night, 2016.
- Shortlisted through the Hightide New Writing Workshop, January 2015
Awards & Recognition
- Quarter Finalist, WeScreenplay TV Pilot Competition for “The Book of Watchers,” 2018
- Original TV pilot “The Book of Watchers” in the top 100 for C21 Drama Series Competition 2017
- Quarter Finalist, Screen Craft, for TV Pilot “Keeper of the Pleas,” 2016
- Quarter Finalist, International Page Awards for short film script “Crushed”, 2015
- Part of the Indie team for “Rosvita”selected for debut accelerator programme Stugan 2015.
- Royal Television Society Nominated for short film “Ten Years On”, 2015 (Script editor/Producer)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: “Open Science” & #iwasinspiredby – stories, ” July –September 2018, Wiley)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: “Life Paths; working and caring for a disabled child,” June – July 2017, DIAS Creative)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: “Flexible Working Hours,” Sep 2016, Working Families)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: “Creating A Nation Of Digital Makers”, April 2015, DIASCreative)
- Freelance Writer/Script Editor/Producer (Short Film “Ten Years On,” Be Inspired Films/NESTA)