Lara is a screenwriter based in South East London. She completed her MA in Screenwriting at London College of Communication, UAL with distinction in 2016.
Her short film script Crushed was a quarter-finalist in the 2015 International Page Awards. Her historical TV series Keeper of the Pleas has been listed as a Quarter Finalist for the 2016 Annual Screencraft Screenwriting Fellowship and has been optioned by Sprout Pictures.
Most recently her short play “Tampon Terror” was part of Theatre503’s RWR and her original pilot The Book of Watchers was listed in the top 100 scripts for the C21 Drama Series Script Competition, 2017.
Lara is represented by Emily Smith at The Agency
- A Hi(story of Baku) – 45 minute historical drama & immersive experience for AlfaVision, March – June 2018
- Tampon Terror selected for Theatre503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- Tastes Like Kebab selected for Shoreditch Short Stories Festival, 2017
- A Lion’s Life performed at Gerry’s Theatre Royal Stratford East “Write to Right,” 2017
- Soundtrack Your Life selected for Theatre 503 Rapid Write Response, 2017
- The Fear Collector performed at the E & C Writers Scratch night, 2017
- Bows and Arrows selected for the Blackshaw New Writing Night, 2016
- Tastes Like Kebab performed at the E & C Writers Scratch Night, 2016
- Extract of feature play Wren selected for Tigz Theatre Scratch night, February 2016.
- Shortlisted through the Hightide New Writing Workshop, 2015
Writing Awards & Recognition
- Original spec script Book of Watchers in the top 100 for C21 Drama Series Competition 2017.
- Member of The Writers Club at the Directors Cut Theatre, 2017
- Quarter Finalist, Screen Craft, for TV Pilot Keeper of the Pleas, 2016
- Quarter Finalist, International Page Awards for short film script Crushed, 2015
- Part of the Indie team for Rosvita selected for debut accelerator programme Stugan 2015.
- Royal Television Society Nominated for short film Ten Years On, 2015
- Freelance Writer (Animation: Life Paths; working and caring for a disabled child, 2017, DIAS Creative)
- Freelance Writer (Videogame: Donuts, 2016)
- Freelance Writer (Videogame: Rosvita, 2015 – 2016, Lodestone Games)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: Flexible Working Hours, Sep 2016)
- Freelance Writer (Animation: Creating A Nation Of Digital Makers, 2015, DIASCreative)
- Freelance Writer/Script Editor/Producer (Short Film Ten Years On, 2015 Be Inspired Films/NESTA)